Who we are
Our website address is fasf.org.
This Policy applies to Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of fasf.org, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Unless otherwise it is necessary, Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family does not aim to collect, or process biometric; special category; publicly available data; and/or data on personal life (“Sensitive Personal Data”) like information on your:
- Racial and / or ethnic origin;
- Religious or philosophical beliefs;
- Trade union membership;
- Physical and / or mental health and / or condition(s);
- Genetic data, and biometric data where;
- Personal and / or family life;
- Physical, physiological, mental and / or social condition(s).
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Site visitors are not required to register, provide personal information or create a personal page to view the Site or use the Site’s functional fields. it is publicly available. You are not required to provide any personal information about yourself. We do not control or collect any personally identifiable information when using the Site in this way.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include cookies, third party tracking technologies and server logs.
In addition, Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed donations, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you emails containing information we think you may be interested in when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preference.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; and limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies and associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Our principal obligations under the applicable legislation include:
- Respect individuals’ rights;
- Process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to you;
- Collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further process in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant, limited and kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- Take every reasonable step to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- Terminate the processing of your personal data in case of valid withdrawal of your consent and destruct it;
- Ensure that your personal data are processed in a manner that provides appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised and/or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical and / or organisational measures;
- Ensure that processors of your personal data maintain confidentiality both in the course of performing official and / or employment duties concerning the processing of personal data and after completing thereof;
- Immediately inform you on your personal data breaches;
- Respond appropriately when you seek to exercise your statutory rights of access, correction and / or objection;
- Do not transfer your personal data to the third parties without your prior written consent, except for the cases provided by the applicable law.
Use Of Information Collected
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family does not now, nor will it in the future, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/ or names to any third parties.
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep informed of other possible products and/ or services that may be available to you from fasf.org.
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/ or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family may find it beneficial to all our customers to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/ or postal mail, deliver support, and/ or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and other similar social platforms, as well as other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family’s control.
Disclosure of Information
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstance:
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity can not reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors, consultants, advisories who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/ or changes in Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family products and services). Under certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family’s website is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen, we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen must seek and obtain parental or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Cookies and Web Beacons
In order to help enhance the performance and functionality of this website, we utilize session, persistent and third-party “cookies” that store a small piece of data on a users’ computers and collect certain information about the users’ visit to our website. Our website also uses web beacons (either directly or from our partners), along with cookies, to determine if a user has visited a particular website, but provide no personally identifiable information.
The cookies and web beacons we apply collect non-personally identifiable information about users of the website, including: browser used to access the site, date and time, the URL of the page being loaded, users who have visited a particular website(s), any previously assigned cookie identification (a unique identifier assigned to a user to identify repeat visitors), browser window size, the geographic location of the user, device and operating system used to access the website. The information we collect from these cookies and web beacons is used to determine information about a user’s visit to our website, including the number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information is used to enhance the users experience while visiting our website and to improve its performance by, among other things, allowing us to monitor website’s performance, making it easier to use, measuring the effectiveness of promotional placements, and tailoring the website to better match a user’s interests and preferences
Notice to European Union Users
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield). By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Friends of Armenian Soldier and Family takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure communication of credit card and personal information.
We follow legal and technical rules determined by the RA laws, EU regulations, GDPR recommendations and other highly recommended sources to provide efficient and necessary protection for your personal data.
For this purpose, we
- ensure that personal data can be accessed only by authorised personnel for legally authorised purposes;
- protect personal data stored or transmitted against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss and/or alteration, and unauthorised and /or unlawful storage, processing, access and /or disclosure; and
- ensure the implementation of a security policy with respect to the processing of personal data.
We use a set of standards and technologies that protect data from intentional and / or accidental destruction, modification and / or disclosure. Data security is applied using a range of techniques and technologies, including administrative controls, physical security, logical controls, organizational standards, and other safeguarding techniques that limit access to unauthorized or malicious users or processes.
Personal Data Breaches
A personal data breach means a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. Your personal data breach is a security incident and can concern a breach of confidentiality, integrity or availability of personal data, as well as any combination of these.
- Breach of confidentiality: this occurs when unauthorised parties, or parties who have no lawful reason to access the information, do so. The severity of the loss of confidentiality varies according to the extent of the disclosure. That is, the potential number and type of parties who could have unlawfully accessed the information.
- Breach of integrity: occurs when the original information is altered and the amended data could be prejudicial for the individual. The most serious scenario is when there is a serious possibility that the altered data have been used in a manner that could harm the individual.
- Breach of availability: the consequence of this is that the original data cannot be accessed when necessary. This could be temporary (the data are recoverable but it will take time, which could be prejudicial to the individual), or permanent (the data cannot be recovered).
In the case of a personal data breach, we shall without undue delay and, where feasible, not later than within three working days after having become aware of it, notify you on the personal data breach via email or phone call and with your valid consent take the following steps:
- block personal data;
- eliminate the consequences of personal data breach;
- check the integrity of all personal data;
- provide specific advice to you to protect yourself from possible adverse consequences of the breach, such as resetting passwords in the case where their access credentials have been compromised;
- unblock personal data.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
28628 Matadero Creek Ct.
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022